Exploring and developing Africa's hydrocarbon potential
Taipan Resources Inc. (TSX-V:TPN) is an independent Africa oil and gas exploration company with interests in 9.7 million gross oil and gas exploration acres (39,588 km2) in Block 1 and Block 2B onshore Kenya. Through its wholly owned subsidiary Lion Petroleum Corp., Taipan currently holds a 100% working interest in Block 2B (1.9 million acres / 7,807 km2) and a 20% working interest in Block 1 (7.8 million acres gross / 31,781 km2) which is operated by Afren plc. Taipan's total mean net unrisked prospective resources on the Blocks are estimated to be 530 million barrels of oil equivalent. Taipan is traded on the TSX Venture Exchange with the symbol TPN.
To explore, develop and grow into a leading exploration and production company on the African continent.
Taipan Resources is listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange with headquarters in Vancouver and Nairobi.
The company places a strong emphasis on forging the right partnerships in countries where it is engaged in exploration activities, evidenced with the blue-chip partnership on Block 1 in Kenya with Afren plc.
We combine a highly-skilled management team as we pursue a rapid growth strategy for the company. We plan to deliver growth to investors by:
- Uncovering corporate deals and new acreage licences
- Initially focusing on eastern sub-Saharan Africa for growth
- Looking at prospective under-explored basins for new licences
- Driving corporate and asset acquisition opportunities
- Fully-explore existing acreage, farming down as appropriate to manage risk.
- Grow the company at pace through corporate deals.
- Licence new areas in under-explored basins with attractive geological characteristics.